Welcome to Four Decades of Freedom!
The 40th Southern California Regional Convention of Narcotics Anonymous at:
The Westin Long Beach
333 East Ocean Boulevard, Long Beach, CA 90802.
August 30 – September 1, 2019. (map)
To pre-register online or shop for pre-sale merchandise that is available (click here)
Important Convention Information
- Your convention registration is used to pay for the hotel and convention facilities, associated services for equipment, maintenance, printing of your registration packets and administrative expenses. We believe that once you understand that it is the income from your registration that makes this event possible, and that registration funds collected are used for the planning and implementation of present and future Southern California Region conventions, the reasons for registering become clear. It is the support of each member’s registration or donation that helps make our convention a success.
- It is the responsibility of the SCRCNA committee to ensure that our fellowship receives the best hotel rates while attending the Convention. In order to do so, we need to commit to a certain number of rooms, called a “block”, which SCRCNA is financially responsible for. With our members’ willingness to reserve these rooms, we will not be in danger of facing large penalties. Please book your room soon to ensure that we met our obligation.
- A Sign Language Interpreter will be provided at the Friday night, Saturday afternoon & Saturday night main meetings.
- Newcomer registrations are reserved for the newcomer with less than 30 days clean time who cannot afford the price of registration. Each newcomer receiving a registration will be asked to make a donation to the newcomer fund. Registrations will be distributed on a first come, first served basis at hours to be posted.
- Past convention merchandise and other NA merchandise will be sold at the Alternative Store on Sunday. To sell merchandise at the Alternative Store, you need to send a letter of authorization from your NA service body no later than 2 weeks before the convention. Please contact the Merchandise Chair for more information.
- If you would like to be considered as a speaker, think about getting a audio file of yourself (or someone else) together for a future submission. Upload your audio file to your favorite cloud based storage and send us a link with your information via the contact form.
- Send in your logo and theme design for the 2020 convention by May 31, 2019. The winner will receive a free pre-sale merchandise item at that year’s convention. Send artwork to:
Attn: Arts and Graphics
1937 S. Myrtle Avenue
Monrovia, CA 91016
- It takes an entire committee to put on this convention. We welcome anybody to come and become part of this committee regardless of clean time or prior convention experience. The committee typically meets on the third Wednesday of the month at 8:00 pm, at the Regional Service Office at:
1937 S. Myrtle Avenue
Monrovia, CA. 91016 (map)
If you cannot attend the meetings throughout the convention year and would like to volunteer to help onsite during the convention, Operations or Hospitality both need help throughout the convention and would like to set you up with a slot on their schedule. Hundreds of volunteers are needed to ensure the very best convention experience for all members. Being of service at SCRCNA 40 can offer ANY addict the opportunity for spiritual growth. Enhance your recovery experience by volunteering at this year’s convention and discover a new way of life through selfless service. Please use the form (here) to contact them.
- Win a free room for one night at next years convention! You will automatically be entered to win a free room for one night for next year’s convention by submitting pre-registration prior to August 1, 2019. Winner announced at Saturday Night Main Meeting.
Check back often for more information on the upcoming SCRCNA 40 Convention.